Heritage electrical services
Eaton Electrical specialise in offering bespoke electrical installations in heritage and culturally important buildings. We offer the skills and expertise required to ensure careful and sensitive installation and repair of building services that respond to the need of the building.Furthermore, we have a proven track record of delivering successful projects on time and on a budget. As a result of our experience, past clients include Historic Royal Palaces, The National Trust, The Landmark Trust and many more.
Heritage electrical services provides an additional set of challenges to consider, typically including listed building status, close working in conjunction with local Heritage Officers, Building Services Engineers and Architects. The complexities of providing modern services installation within a historic building require sympathetic wiring solutions and attention to detail.
Electrical installations in heritage buildings
Electrical installations in old buildings must not only be safe, legal and functional but also respect the historic character of the structure. Heritage buildings were generally designed to accommodate only very limited services, so electrical systems have to be incorporated into structures never intended for them.
Eaton Electrical heritage services
Eaton Electrical offers the following bespoke listed building solutions:
- System design; aim to consign as much of a new electrical installation as possible out of view in voids and other non-sensitive areas to minimise its physical and visual impact on the building. Conceal electrical equipment in non-sensitive locations such as ancillary rooms (cellars, stores etc.) and voids (from roof spaces and floor cavities to redundant chimneys, gaps behind skirting boards, panelling or architraves and the insides of disused gas and heating pipes).
- Reuse any previous holes, notches and cable routes.
- Specify good quality components and incorporate spare capacity to avoid frequent re-wiring and associated damage.
- Refurbishment of historic electrical fittings and fixtures.
- Supply specialist craftsmen to undertake any building work, carpentry, decorating and plastering necessary to complete the services installation.
- Utilise modern technology such as radio frequency control to avoid unnecessary cabling and associated damage.
- Install specialist containment systems and cabling including Steel Conduit, Micro bore tubing, MICC cabling.
Call us to arrange a free consultation on 01509 414222